Church History

IMAG03261History of Our Church

Since 1956, St. Mark’s Lutheran Church has been dedicated to celebrating and spreading to others the joy of salvation in Jesus Christ. In the late 1940s, Minot’s growth was in the northwest area of the city. The North Dakota District of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod felt the need to start a mission church in that area.  In 1956, 37 families (85 children) were released from St. Paul’s Lutheran Church to fulfill that mission need.  The Reverend Robert Plagens of Anamoose was called to be the first pastor with services held in Longfellow School until Thanksgiving of 1956 when services were held in the church while it was being built.  That first church, which is now our Sunday School area, was finished and dedicated in September 1957.  The present structure was built from 1969-1971 with dedication in April 1971. A large addition including a kitchen and fellowship hall was recently added and has helped make our church more welcoming and inviting to all who visit St. Mark’s Lutheran.

 

Easter 2015

© 2017 St. Mark's Lutheran Church
Connected Sound - Websites for the Barbershop Community